Wednesday, February 16, 2011

i think it's called "nesting"...

Yes, I am pretty late with my post today but the hubby and I have been super busy with things around the house. Last night we went to our first Prepared Childbirth class and we actually both enjoyed it. Not much of the info we got was new to us but it was still fun meeting some other couples and getting to try out relaxation techniques that almost put us straight to sleep ;)
Afterwards we got ice cream cones from McD's and watched a movie on the couch.

I also made one of our faves for dinner. I don't know what it's called, we just call it Mexican Bake ;) It's quick and pretty delicious.

Here is what you need:

1 lb. ground beef
pkg. taco seasoning
3/4 cup of water

brown ground beef in large pan, add taco seasoning and water 

15 oz can tomato sauce
can of chopped black olives (we don't use them)
can of diced tomatoes&green chilies
2 tbsp. minced onion

add all of this to the meat mixture

in a medium bowl mix the following together:

3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup cottage cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
dash of hot sauce ( however much you like)

you will also need 

bag of chili cheese corn chips (we use fritos)
1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese (or whatever cheese you have on hand)
9x13 pan greased

In the pan, first put down half of your chips as a bottom layer. Then add all of the meat mixture, add the sour cream mixture next and top off with cheese and remaining chips.

Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F. 





 ENJOY :)


We also got a few gift cards for my favorite store TARGET in the mail last week. We used our bank points and also had some points from a credit card. We ended up with $65 total - not bad. Today we went out and bought a bunch of plastic bins in various sizes to organize some of the downstairs closets. Believe me, they looked BAD!!!
We also scored a curtain rod for the nursery for only $7 on clearance from $32 :)) Who doesn't love a bargain??
I love home organization almost as much as I love shopping for craft and art supplies ( I am a total addict). You wouldn't believe it sometimes, looking at how unorganized my house can get. I try to tell myself that it is totally normal not to go to the store to buy bins and shelves for an entire house all at once... (you know, like Martha Stewart would) but whenever you have $65 in gift cards it is totally ok to splurge a little ;)

I don't have a picture of the before-closet (did I mention it was BAD?) but here it is in the process of being reorganized (yes that fridge is a little dirty)



I swear I didn't lift anything over 25lb ;)




And here it is after we were done :) Nice and clean compared to the before. We seriously couldn't walk in more than a couple of feet. 




Our kitchen is not the biggest so we use this closet partly as pantry but also for some of our shoes and small tools. I am happy we got to move some stuff out and put it in the new storage bins. The hubby also made some new additions to my work space but more about that in tomorrows post. 


Of course we couldn't come home from Target without one of these jumbo sized bones. Gift cards work for dog bones too. ;)


 Good Night everyone :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! The recipe looks great, I will have to give it a try. I just redeemed my bank points too, gotta love them! Your pantry looks really nice, getting new bins is so exciting isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very good recipe! My husband and 4 kiddies loved it! My 10 year old used it like a dip...lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.