Monday, May 23, 2011

still preggo...


Yes, I am still around and Yes, I am also still pregnant ;) My due date (May 21st) has come and gone without this little man seeming to care much. No contractions for this momma, just a heavy belly and a child that seems perfectly content with kicking me for a while longer... 

Obviously, my doctors would like to induce no later than 41 weeks, which would be Saturday. I told them I don't want to be induced so they made sure to let me know that they don't schedule inductions on weekends and then Monday would be labor day... Kinda made me laugh a little since I don't think babies care about what day of the week it is. 

So I am still waiting, impatiently of course and hoping he will be here before Thursday so that I don't have to discuss the whole induction thing again at my next appointment. Also, husband is off for a week starting on Thursday so it would be awesome if the little man could make his entrance soon, so daddy doesn't have to miss any more work than necessary. 

We actually went to the Pike Days yard sales on Saturday and it was a gorgeous, hot day. I scored a bunch of vintage fabrics and trims for next to nothing. I was so hot all day but that totally made all the walking around worth it ;) 

And of course and most importantly, my mom came in from Germany on the 17th and has already been so much help. She helps with the laundry, cleaning and even cooks for us. We did a little shopping here and there and are just trying to walk this baby out of me. 
So happy she is here!!!

Thanks everyone for sticking around even though there hasn't been much to read lately. I have a couple of guest posts lined up for after the baby comes and hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures here and there.

2 comments:

  1. OOh, I hope he makes his appearance soon! I bet you're just dying to meet him and hold him in your arms! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there girl! It'll be soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.