Monday, May 9, 2011

i wore what?

I got a free subscription to Nylon Magazine with a recent purchase I made at Forever 21. As I was looking through the first issue I got in the mail a few days ago, I saw an ad for Buffalo Jeans. Now I don't know if they are even the same brand but it reminded me of the probably biggest fashion faux pas I have ever made in my life. I was probably 13 or 14 and these Buffalo platform shoes where the must-have around my corners. Don't get me wrong, I was not into techno music or going to raves ;) I simply have no idea why I needed to have these shoes so badly. They were expensive too. Probably around $100 which is a lot of dough for a teenager.


Source

Yeah, I know... Horrible right? I saved up forever to get these puppies. Now I remember mine looking a little different from these, I think there was some dark purple color involved, but you get the overall "beauty" from these ones just as well ;) 
I had to laugh at myself when I remembered how happy I was to own a pair... My parents thought they looked ridiculous. Like a shoe for someone with a disability who would have to wear it to even out their uneven legs. A lot of my friends even hated them, but there were just as many that wore and loved them. So what are your biggest fashion faux pas? I would really love to know that I am not the only one with bad pubescent taste. 

1 comment:

  1. When I was in high school these really short dresses called sizzlers were in style. They had panties to match. We wore them with clogs. It was ridiculous and did not last long.
    I am a new visitor and follower; I look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.