Monday, April 2, 2012

a day at the zoo










while we were in florida we spent an afternoon at the florida aquarium in tampa. if you've ever been to the atlanta aquarium this one surely won't knock your socks off, but it was nonetheless a nice day out for us. they have a great outdoor play area with water fountains, sandboxes and a cafe. once the little mister gets a little older i think he will enjoy coming here again and spending some more time. 

now that we're back home we've been working on getting the vegetable garden all set up. i spent a few hours outside getting the soil ready and planting the first onion sets and some lettuce seeds. tomorrow i want to get the peas in the ground and then i am hoping we won't get any more frost so that i can fill the rest of the beds up. i am so excited for my very first vegetables this summer :) 

do you have a vegetable garden? any tips you'd like to share? 


3 comments:

  1. I am planting a garden this year too! I just got a pressure cooker for canning so I'm super excited about that! I never thought of planting lettuce :P I'll have to add that to my list of veggies that I won't have room to plant! lol. I've been anxious to get going, but wasn't sure with this crazy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhh i love the little mister, what a happy boy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the shirt and the fish tail braid! Where is the shirt from? Love the zoo, your little mister is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.