Thursday, May 17, 2012

diy: neon and gold fashion bracelet

yup, another diy today. i am seriously dragging this week with the hubs gone and having to do everything myself. at the end of the day all i want to do is curl up in bed, have some tea and watch tv. you know what that's like, right?

so anyway... while i went through my stash to make the earrings last week, I found some left-over gold chain and neon pink mason line that I had bought for a completely different project (haven't gotten to that one yet).

so I decided to make a bracelet...



you'll need:

larger size gold chain
neon mason line from your local home store (about $2-$3) 
a lobster clasp
some hot glue 
any tool that will help you open the chain links




measure the chain around your wrist take at least three times that length in doubled up mason line (so 6 times the length of your chain). 




loop the string through one end of the chain as you can see in the picture.




slide the loop to one side and start threading it through the chain links from underneath. i eventually added a tiny bit of hot glue to the end of my string so it would stop unravelling. that helped tremendously and also finishes off the string nicely. 





you want to go through each chain link from underneath and then stick your string back down through the loop you created. It's really easy to do just hard to explain ;) 




at the end of the chain I just tied a double knot and left some extra string. you can of course also cut it all off. Attach a lobster clasp to the other side and you are done. this seriously only takes about 15-20 minutes. super easy and super cute :) 




Pin It



10 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! Thanks for the tutorial. I might have to try it!
    Bridgette
    bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try this for sure! thanks :)

    Laila
    Ladylike Notes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! And super cute, thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!

    xo Jessica
    www.newlyloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool! the color is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww i love!!! how can i get one of these??!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! One Of my friends makes these.. But yours looks better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did a great job in this post. I´ll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it...especially with the neon! I think am going to have to "copy" it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.