Monday, May 7, 2012

oh what a night!




... late december back in '63. 

so singing that in my head now and probably will all day. oh blog titles! 

sunday was a good day. i dropped the little guy off at grandma's house, got a treat on my way home and spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the house and planting the rest of my vegetable garden, all in anticipation of the hubby coming home early and having our second date night in over 11 months!! yes, that's right we really needed that night out. 

you'd think i wouldn't get so excited over cleaning the house all day but it's actually nice to get things done without interruption and gives me such a sense of accomplishment. the lettuce i planted weeks ago is at a nice size already and so are the pea, swiss chard and arugula plants. i can't wait to harvest the first batch. 

when the hubs called to let me know he was leaving work i jumped in the shower, did my hair and we went and grabbed a bite to eat before seeing the avengers movie. it was the best movie i've seen in a long time. funny, full of action and awesome special effects. highly recommend! when we got home, grandma had already put the little guy to bed :) 

how was your weekend? 


9 comments:

  1. Seems like that was very well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great weekend! My weekend was pretty excited, my husband and I decided to get a saint bernard puppy!! I am so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i def want to see that movie, mmm the drink looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ich bin beeindruckt! Klingt nach einem schönen Tag. Das mit dem Gemüsegarten wird bei mir dieses Jahr wohl wieder nichts, aber unsere Erdbeeren und Johannisbeeren blühen fleissig, und ein bisschen Rauke hab ich auch im Kräuterbeet. Date night sollte ich mal fürs Wochenende vormerken...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was that a blizzard of some sort that I spy??? YUM! xoxo a-

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i heard avengers was good! i want to see it so badly now! ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could use one of those drinks in picture 1!!

    xo Jessica
    www.newlyloved.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.