Friday, May 4, 2012

{style files} stripes on stripes



blazer: monteau (tjmaxx), top: h&m, shorts: old navy, wedges: mootsies tootsies (kohls),  watch: michael kors, lips: maybelline fuchsia fever
so yes, I am a little obsessed with stripes I will even wear stripes on stripes. what can I say? they make me happy :) i also really need a tan. or rather a fake tan since there is no time for laying in the sun when you're chasing after a toddler all day... do you use self tanning lotion? any tips or recommendations?
this week was a good week overall. i spent lots of time watching the little man practice his walking skills and since the weather has been great we were outside a lot. the hubby is coming home from a 7 day road trip tonight and then things will be perfect again and I will get a bit of a break from taking care of the little mister all day, every day. 
i also wanted to say thanks to all of you who have been leaving such wonderful comments. you have really encouraged me to write more and I am truly enjoying the content i am putting out there. i got some great feedback on this week's "one of those days" posts and I am thinking that I may keep this as a reoccurring post, listing the good and bad things about a day and maybe even have a little link up if you guys would be interested!? 
have a nice weekend! 


Pin It


linked up here

12 comments:

  1. stripes on stripes are a happy thing!

    i'm super white. if i get a tan in the summer, i'm still lighter than my husband's winter skin color. i don't do tanning lotions because 1) the stuff in them makes me nervous and 2) i'm terrified i'll end up blotchy or something.

    i really liked that 'one of those days' post. a link up like that would be fun!

    hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the time with your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun, you look great with stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xen Tan works wonders! I got mine at Utla for around $30 a bottle. You have to be careful around wrists, knees, ankles, etc... but it gave me a natural glow without stinking. haha I was using it every other day, but lately I've been lazy. Gotta get back on that. I love the stripes on stripes trend, too! And it's lovely how you matched your lipstick to your cuff. Yep, I noticed that detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be interested in the link up, sounds like a good on-going theme to use since we all have our good/bad/up/down in our days. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sunless tanning lotion that Victoria's Secret sells. It seem sless streaky and smells better than any other I have tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's what i'm currently using. it definitely smells less bad than others i have tried and it's not streaky :)

      Delete
  6. its okay i have too many striped shirts for my own good. i love it, i have never seen blazer striped, and you made it look nice and casual with the shorts and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love that blazer
    hmm tanning advice? well I burn not tan so I go with the spray tan option-- not in a booth though, one done by a person while you just stand there ha!

    xo Jessica
    www.newlyloved.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that pink lipstick and how it matches the cuff on the sleeves! I also need to get some fake tan lotion or a spray tan. I won't go tanning anymore, because when I was tanning I started to notice more wrinkles! Yeah, no bueno.
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the outfit! Okay I have a bit of natural color but I am a fan of tanning wipes. I've tried Jergens but it smells terrible. They might have changed the formula but I have not used it in a while. Never ever ever spray tan. ever. I tried it once for prom and I looked like an oompa loompa for the first few days. It itches and I can still remember the horrible smell of it! I smelled strange for weeks!
    This may help: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37446370/ns/today-style/t/ready-set-glow-sunless-tanning-tips/#.T6fthejLx2A

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh i almost bought that blazer at tjmaxx! you look fabulous! love the stripes on strips :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.