Wednesday, July 11, 2012

style files: rockin' that maxi skirt and where to find a good white tee



top: loft, skirt: urban outfitters, shoes: tjmaxx, bracelet: local shop, sunglasses: cole haan 

i love my black maxi skirt. it's one of the most comfortable pieces in my wardrobe and so versatile.
when it's hot outside but i don't feel like exposing the legs I just throw on this fail safe combo of black skirt and white top.

a few of you have asked me where to find a good white tee that isn't sheer. well, I love myself a good white t-shirt and I like to keep a few slight variations on hand because they easily get stained and eventually, when nothing removes those ugly yellow armpit stains anymore, I throw them out. the fit is super important to me so if it doesn't fit perfectly I don't take it home.

here are a few of my go-to brands to replenish the white t-shirt stash:

american eagle - they always have a good deal on t-shirts that are good quality and have a great fit. my all time favorite shirt is their AE Favorite V-Neck Tee

old navy - they just recently came out with a vintage style shirt I absolutely love. it's heathered and soft, thin but not too thin and comes in crew neck and v-neck styles

tresics - i had never heard of the brand until i found one of their shirts at a local store. while searching online i found their website where you can place wholesale orders only. bummer. but there are a few other online options below. it also looks like anthropologie has sold tresics before. the ones i have are a little sheer but they are perfect for layering over a cami or top. they drape beautifully and are super light. even better: they are super affordable. a few favorites can be found here & here & here

loft - the top i am wearing above is from there and I love their 50% off sales (going on right now too)
favorites: here & here & here 

jcrew - well, it's jcrew after all ;) again I love the vintage feel their t-shirts have and whenever they are on sale I don't have to feel too bad about the price. here are the favorites: here & here & here

hope this helps you in your search for the perfect tee.



Pin It


this post is not sponsored by any of the above mentioned brands but simply my own opinion. enjoy.

16 comments:

  1. Love your outfit! I think I need to buy a maxi skirt too! The sandals are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie-

    Just found you via The Pleated Poppy, what a lovely blog you have.

    Love the shades, the maxi skirt, the comfy white tank. I'll be spending some more time on your site today!

    Following along with bloglovin, as my GFC is wonky.
    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stylish and comfy, the red sandals add a nice pop of color!

    That's funny about the t-shirts 'cause just this pass weekend I got a bunch of t-shirts from Old Navy and American Eagle, they were on sale and exactly the style I was looking for...those Old Navy vintage tees are soo comfortable! I wasn't brave enough to pick up a white tee (with my 3 boys it's hard to wear white) but I probably should get a couple since they're so classic.

    Thanks for all your fashion advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post! I always keep my eye out for a good white tee and it drives me nuts when they are so incredibly sheer. I will check out all of the places you mentioned and hopefully find one that works for me :) I love your skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get a maxi skirt. I don't even think I own one (gasp!). lol. They look so breezy and cool.

    I have to agree that I've had good luck at old navy and loft for white t-shirts. I never like to spent alot of money on white shirts because I always (clumsy as I am) end up getting the irreparably dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is mega hard to find a good white tee isn't it? Certain ones make my boobs looker even bigger than normal!

    Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE. You are definitely rockin the maxi, you're one hot mama! ah the loft--- you probably should not have told me it was the 50% sale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the outfit - so cute!!
    Where were these pictures taken?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit! This is the perfect mommy outfit in my opinion! And those sandals are so, so cute! Thanks for the tips on finding a great white tee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always on the hunt for my favorite tee...I always go back to Hanes v-neck, and then I do some taking in on my own...which means it's not the perfect tee when I start, but it is once I'm finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the whole outfit and with a pop of red on your sandals. Black and white combo is always classic and will never go out of style. I'm always on the hunt of white tee myself.

    thank you for the sweet comment you left in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the love of Maxi's :) I love how you styled it!
    I need a classic white T..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like the maxi skirt, but for some reason I can never figure out what top to wear it with... I suppose for that reason I prefer the maxi dress--less thought required. :) You look really lovely, and the pop of red is especially fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post makes me want to buy a maxi skirt! I have an AE Favorite v-neck I have been wearing for years. It's held up wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmmmm, und was bitte mache ich hier?! ;) schönes Outfit!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.