Tuesday, August 14, 2012

style files: chambray, cords and boots




skinny cords: jcrew, white tank: zara, chambray shirt: jcrew (similar), boots: thrifted (similar), watch: michael kors (similar), bracelet: gift, branch earrings: c/o love stitched






















































the weather here in pa has momentarily cooled down just a little bit. we are back in the 80's now but had a pretty cool day on saturday. it was honestly fine by me since i'd been dreading the outfit posts a little bit lately... i am mostly a shorts and t-shirt kind of girl when it's super hot outside and that's not necessarily anything to brag about on here. wink wink...

so instead of the heat we got a nice little glimpse at what fall is going to be like and i started outfit planning in my head. can't wait to get my scarf collection out again!

the chambray shirt that has seen lots of wear through spring and summer is also going to be a go-to piece in my fall wardrobe and so are jcrew's toothpick cords. here i paired them with some nicely worn-in boots and a simple white tank. i stayed comfy and warm all day but was able to shed a layer when the sun peeked through in the afternoon.

i will definitely be wearing lots of different variations of this outfit in the fall.

what items from your summer wardrobe will help you transition into fall?


Pin It


12 comments:

  1. I am with you... my chambray will DEF transition into fall. I've been so surprised how it works with just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots!

    www.theluxuryrehab.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this nice casual look.
    As for the transitional items for wardrobe...well, considering we hardly have any summer here in the UK, I consider my whole wardrobe to be transitional so not much change here really. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. fall is the BEST for outfit posts. this looks is such a classic fall look. love it!

    http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. whew yah its been pretty hot in cental california lately..but its not too bad - im excited to wear cold weather clothes again! definitely love the gold jewelry paired with the light wash jean shirt. you looks great! and i have to know - is that your real hair color? its fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look! Really like your boots x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this look is so stinking cute! Did you dye your hair?! It looks darker! Either way you look fabulous! I stopped putting buttons on my sidebar just to keep my layout more simple, but I added you to my blogroll of favorite bloggers because that's what you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the boots! You look great!

    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I don't want summer to end, I am looking forward to fall. This is a great transition outfit. Loving the cords and those boots.

    I like to transition maxis and crops into fall. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't live without my chambray top, skinny capis/leggins/and a black pair of flats. That is my go-to outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look so cute! love the layering, i can't wait til we get cooler weather :)

    Chioma
    http://www.csevolutionofstyle.com/2012/08/green-with-envy.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. When the weather cools, I LOVE booties! Yours are fab, and would be PERFECT for the BOOTIES Link-Up I am hosting! Hope you stop by! http://psbananas.com/2012/08/15/fashion-link-up-fall-is-for-booties/
    Let's follow each other!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com
    BLOGLOVIN
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.