Saturday, September 22, 2012

effortless

source
source
source 
source
source

source

source

i truly admire jane birkin's effortless style and natural beauty. 
at the same time, she also makes me want to cut bangs again... and lighten my hair back up since it's just too dark for winter. her style is simple and chic yet never overdone. 

i am still in the process of simplifying my wardrobe. i've been collecting too many things that are just trendy or don't go well with my existing wardrobe and so they hardly ever get worn. 
i have found that the pieces I always go back to are the most simple and timeless items I own.
a few weeks ago i signed up for a big, local re-sale event coming up in october. what i haven't donated yet and most things from the shop my closet section on here will be going there. 

my goal is to de-clutter and simplify my closet as well as the rest of the house before the end of the year. we've only lived in this house for 4 years and already the attic is packed (we don't have a basement) and so are the rooms and closets. 

do you ever feel like the clutter in your life is taking over? how do you handle that? 


i do not own the rights to these images. all images via avantfind.com. 

8 comments:

  1. I often feel like clutter is taking over. All my wardrobes and cupboards are full, and most of it I hardly ever use.

    I love the re-sale event idea. I've done wardrobe swaps with friends as well and they have been great.

    - Ididtellyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the opposite of a pack rat. I de clutter all the time! I'm constantly getting rid of clothes and getting new ones and I purge things weekly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel cluttered a lot, I try to do a little mini closet cleanings when I get something new . So, for my 1 new piece I get rid of 4 . I have accessory swap party because very few of us are the same size , but my mom and her friends do a houseware swap party.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andauernd! Wird aber mit der Zeit besser - es gibt zwar immer noch zweimal im Jahr Ausmist-Aktionen an allen Fronten, aber das geht schneller. 2nd Hand Märkte mache ich zweimal im Jahr mit - für mich und die Jungs. Die Apartment Therapy Home Cure funktioniert bei mir auch gut... wobei mir oft die Zeit dafür fehlt. Aber man kann ja auch klein anfangen... morgen sind meine Schals dran :)

    LG
    Swenja

    PS: Also die Ähnlichkeit ist verblüffend :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny you should say that because we just purged half of our basement. If we can't camp with it, or haven't used it in a year, it goes. However we have the opposite problem from you guys; we have a large basement but no attic, just very small eaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps, it's also nice to see a model that isn't beyond perfect by procedures. Like her teeth. They aren't ugly by any stretch of the imagination, but obviously not worked on beyond normal. I'm sure that has a lot to do with her being from another time. But it would be nice to see more of this nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane Birkin is such an icon.

    I definitely feel like things clutter so easily, but I have to remember to start with one section. Then I at least feel like I'm getting things accomplished.

    XOXO
    your newest follower

    www.glamhungrymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thinking about bangs too...but it is such a commitment!! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.