Wednesday, September 5, 2012

if you knew me... and an outfit


skirt: edc by esprit, top: zara, sunglasses: AE, branch earrings: lovestitched

so i thought i'd make this a weekly thing where i let you know all about the quite interesting things you'd possibly know if we were real life friends ;)

here we go...

  • i am super afraid of unknown situations. i like to talk things through with someone who has done that thing before and make sure i am prepared for all possible outcomes. it's actually pretty crazy and sometimes i catch myself not doing something because i'm afraid i'll look like an idiot...
  • i can't sing one bit! my poor baby boy still thinks my voice is lovely but i'm sure that won't last much longer
  • i fell in love with hawaii on our honeymoon and can't wait to go back for our 10 year anniversary.
  • i've never been to disney world, passed it on the highway but never actually went in. i hear the most amazing things and can't wait to go. 
  • ok you've probably heard this one before but i actually get along better with men than women. i don't know what it is but i've been let down by a lot of girls i considered close friends, so i think i've got my guard up a little. 
  • i did ballet for 5 years as a young girl and have always regretted that i quit. the darn tights were too itchy! apparently i was quite good also... 
  • i have bad road rage ;) 
  • when i'm stressed or bored i pick at my fingernails and peel off the layers that split. 
  • i have refused to go to Paris (the french one) every time someone has tried to get me to go, which has been quite a few times. i know you probably think i am crazy! i've actually been on a bus ride through paris and the airport quite a few times. however, i have horrible memories of learning french in school and everything connected to france so i just stay away ;) i fear though that the next time we are visiting my family (in germany) my husband will convince me to take the 4 hour train ride on a little getaway... can't say no forever, can i? 

By the way, I'm going on a little trip to Chicago next week. Any locals with suggestions on what to do, where to eat, etc...? I've been there twice before but never with a toddler so any suggestions will be helpful. We are staying downtown and I will be mostly walking everywhere. Thanks :)  

Pin It


23 comments:

  1. love that maxi!

    Have a fabulous day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute casual outfit. I can't believe you've never been to Disney it truly is the happiest place on earth =).

    XO, Adropofbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Chicago, definitely go see Millenium Park, the Bean, and definitely Crown Fountain! Also, we took a boat ride up and down the coast of the city and it was wonderful! I can't believe you haven't been to Disney :D! It truly is the happiest place on earth! lol We're going back in December with our timeshare exchange. We went in December 2 years ago and we literally walked onto every ride, and it was gorgeously decorated for Christmas. The key though is to go early December before the crowds for Christmas come. Someday we'll all have to go on a family trip when we all have kids a little older. Once you go, (or at least for me) I don't want to go anywhere else on vacation! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently found your blog and love the idea of these posts. I often feel like bloggers live in a "perfect" world, and it's hard to get to know the real them and see both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Loving this simple outfit. Just found you and following via GFC, would love a follow back if you can.

    Sincerely,
    Joanna
    www.ModaMamaBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit! That bracelet is such a nice touch.

    Nicole
    younglovestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following from Jenny's blog giveaway!

    Ooh girl, I am the worst at road rage. Cussing up a storm in my car and an avid horn honker haha! You seriously have to go to Disneyworld. That is a MUST! Hope you have fun in Chicago.

    Can't wait to read more and follow along! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES about the fingernails. And then I pant them in an effort to stop myself, and then I end up peeling my nail polish instead of my nails. So now I re-paint my nails all the time haha.

    I just found your blog, and it's adorable. I'm excited to be your newest follower :)

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at "I fell in love with Hawaii"... =)

    Aloha,

    I'm late, I'm late, I know... but, I'm following ya now from the GFC hop. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love it if you'd join me at localsugarhawaii.com where we're riding the wave of life one little adventure at a time. And this week we're celebrating the opening of my new little shop with great big heart with a bunch of fun giveaways...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am dying to go to disney world. i too have never been and briefly passed it on the highway. there are plans in the works to take my dad for his 60th birthday. we just may have more excitement then anyone half our ages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha! I totally peel my nails too. I try to keep them painted so I don't fidget with them, but then when they start to chip...... oh boy.. disaster.
    Also, Hawaii is SO SO fantastic. I've been twice now and seriously can't wait to go back.
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely casual look! ;) like ur sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, I'm jealous that you are going to Chicago! That is one of my favorite cities...definitely get some pizza, so good!! Love the maxi skirt, thanks for linking up to Sunday Style!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look lovely! I love a look like this, which is clean, simple, yet put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a cute and comfy look!! i used to do ballet too!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post and this outfit - so cute!!

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're looking spectacular this Sunday. I agree with being anxious about unknown situations, having a bad voice, and horrible road rage. I've been to Disney World but never been to Hawaii. I have to disagree with French. I took it in high school and loved it.

    I recommend trying Bubba Gump Shrimp at Navy Pier while you're in Chicago (that is if you love seafood). http://www.bubbagump.com/locations/chicago/

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love these posts, probably because im nosey hehe. you have to go to Paris next time you're in Europe. Honestly, it is a beautiful City with a beautiful ambience! Just ignore the rude french people, thats just the way they are lol!xx looking gorgeous as always hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not at all a fan of unknown situations--I never like doing something or going somewhere the first time around. I just don't like getting to a place and not knowing exactly where to go or what to do...but really we always learn by experience so we pretty much constantly have do do new things. I get along better with guys than girls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The outfit looks so comfortable!

    I am the same way about unknown situations, being better friends with men, and road rage.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these posts! I often feel like I can't get to REALLY know the person behind the blog because everything is super edited and it seems like the blogger has a "perfect life". Which, obviously, is never the case. I would rather have the real deal, and this is it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.