Wednesday, September 26, 2012

khaki+plaid+corduroy=fall



jacket: jcrew, shirt: american eagle, corduroy pants: jcrew, shoes: converse one star, watch: michael kors 




































































































lots of random thoughts today so be warned ;)

this outfit makes me smile because it's so totally me. i like things simple and comfortable and that's what this is. i got these matchstick cords from at the jcrew factory store last year for $3!! I know! the girl at the check out said that they don't even carry them usually ( i guess only at the regular jacre store) and this was the only pair they received.
i honestly didn't care where they came from but they were my size and so they were coming home with me :) every once in a while i come across a huge bargain like that and it seriously makes my week, ha!

the jacket was on sale last year as well and even though it's a size up from what i usually wear, it cinches at the waist which makes it work for me. i am on the look-out for a similar vest.

so now that i've rambled on about my clothes I guess I am realizing I don't have much else to say today ;)

life is good. i had a wonderful night out for dinner with a new friend who I already believe to be an amazing person. i am keeping my fingers crossed that life will work out in our favor and allow us to spend more time together in the future.
j is coming home tomorrow night from the last road trip of the season which has me all giddy with excitement and plans for the next few months.

what are you planning for halloween? i haven't even thought about a costume for logan yet.
our local zoo is having some trick or treating festivities so I really want to go there.

Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Love this, you look beautiful!!!

    XO, Adropofbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo cute! this makes me want to go shopping!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your jacket! halloween at the zoo sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in loveeeeee with that jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. $3!?!?!? WOW! I seriously love everything about this look. It's so casual and comfy and cute! Can't beat those 3 C's! HA! I actually haven't thought about Halloween... Usually we sit outside in the driveway to hand out candy. We have a kazillion little kids in our hood. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I'm loving the gingham, that jacket is killer, and you look adorable!

    xo Emily
    www.bupster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this look! the jacket is amazing and what a steal on the pants

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Such a perfectly casual fall outfit. I really need to get some slip ons casual shoes to go with my skinny jeans...it is getting too cold here for sandals and some days you just don't want to wear boots. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ridiculously cool jacket and gingham combo. Perfect fall outfit. I'm hoping both kids opt to be skeletons because it would just be so cute. The other options are Spiderman and a ghost and I'm really not into those. I love Halloween costumes until they get to start picking- never ends creative enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. jcrew cords for $3?! I'm jealous.

    yes yes yes new friends and woo for j coming home! I hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful jacket....and even better that you got it on sale!!!! Stopping by from MMB!
    -Kristen

    The Mrs. and The Momma

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the perfect combination for a fall look. So jealous you scored those cords for $3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the color of the jacket! great look :)

    http://loverlysheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you just love Fall?! Your outfit is a perfect start to fall outfits!Visiting from WIWW :), and now following your blog!

    xx
    Serena
    http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fall look!! I love how the watch adds the subtle touch of luxury to the outfit!!

    Cassidy
    http://thingslikeskeletonkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am here fro What I Wore...and wanted to say I LOVE that jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love outfits that encapsulate our true style. And adore this look. It's casual but still so very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving your style! Everything goes together so well in this simple but chic outfit. The photos turned out great, too! Did you do any editing to the lighting in photoshop?

    xo,
    Anh
    www.modthirtyone.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so jealous of your skinnies - we do not have a j.crew outlet anywhere near here! I love this look - its chic and casual - perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.