Thursday, October 4, 2012

diy: polka dot candle holders


this is such a quick and easy way to spruce up a few old tea light holders or up-cycle a jar or glass.

all you need is:

spray paint in any color you'd like  (I had gold left over from a previous project)
a few sheets of circular price stickers (left over from a yard sale)
painters tape
exacto knife 
underlayment for cutting and painting
my glasses are from ikea and i've had them for a few years (they still sell them)


  1. tape off the bottom of your glass with the painters tape and use an exacto knife to cut off the excess.
  2. apply the stickers, make sure they stick well or paint will seep underneath
  3. spray paint outdoors (i applied 2 coats)
  4. let dry
  5. carefully remove stickers
  6. enjoy! 


























project inspired by poppytalk

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. love it! and so easy! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tired out great , love them.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love me some DIY..... thanks for the "I wish I would have thought of that" idea. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many boring glasses that I didn't know what to do with. Thanks for some inspiration! You got me hooked. I'm a new follower!

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really cute and I couldn't resist to try it! Thanks a lot for the tutorial http://madecomaison.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/bouteilles-decorees-avec-de-la-peinture.html Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute and looks so easy! I have an old glass vase that I didn't know what to do with, now I know :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juhu, die sehen echt edel aus! Und letztendlich geht es so einfach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out really cool! They almost have an optical illusion about them. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great (and VERY affordable!) idea!! I love it! And you can always use different shapes of paper to create different effects!

    Well done!

    xoRosie
    http://teacupsanddresses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, so stinkin cute! At first it looked like you had punched holes in the glass, and I was like, "yeah no way can I do this DIY". But it is so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am OBSESSED with polka dots lately! i mean obsesssssed. and gold. oh gold.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. See also more and compare for best prices deals for Candleholders here!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.