Wednesday, November 14, 2012

on friendship

photo credit: On the Caterpillar by Grace Robertson, source

i'm so happy right now, folks! my best friend in the entire world, who has taken it upon herself to make the long and expensive journey from germany to come stay with us for 5 days, will be arriving tonight. 
that girl has stuck with me through thick and thin since we met at our first tennis lesson, set up by our parents, the summer before 5th grade. 

luckily but also sadly, she is the only one of my close friends from back home that always has and continues to make an effort to keep in contact, see me when I'm visiting or by making a quick trip over here. even though there is an enormous ocean and a 6 hour time difference that separates us (not to mention the financial aspect of air travel these days), we remain best friends.

she's my soul sister. the kind of friend that you can go without talking to for weeks or months, but pick back up right where you left off when you see each other again. 
the one that remembers your birthday, anniversary and every little quirky or special thing about you. 
the one that doesn't try to change you and turn you into a different person. the one that accepts you for who you are. the one that sits right next to you on this roller coaster ride that is friendship after high school, college, getting married and having children. all the while cheering you up when life is trying to blown up your skirt once again. 

yup, that's the kind of friend that is coming to visit me tonight. 
so please excuse me for leaving you with a few scheduled posts while I try to make her stay as memorable as possible. 

"if there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." 
-winnie the pooh

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. aw, you are blessed. thankfully I also have a friend like that. we have gone months without talking but once we do talk we can talk for hours. we live a couple of states away but still it has been challenging to see each other. I'm sure you'll have a great time with your best friend. blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! you are very lucky to have that kind of friendship in your life, hope you guys have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you, it's gonna make the holidays that much more memorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.