Wednesday, November 28, 2012

out of those skinny jeans




jeans: f21, shirt: american eagle, sweater: aerie, necklace: c/o outfit additions, bracelet: fossil, booties: bought in germany
i've been wearing almost exclusively skinny jeans lately and when i realized it, I felt like such a bore. i mean, i love my skinnies and I think that they definitely work to my advantage considering my body type. plus, with the colder weather I tend to wear boots a lot which kind of requires some really tight pants. there is nothing worse than jeans that bunch up at your knees when tucked into boots. 
so, in order to get out of my skinny jean rut and also because, let's admit it, some days I really don't feel like squeezing into anything tighter than my husbands sweat pants, I pulled out the "almost as comfy as your husband's sweatpants" version of wide leg denim. 
i am also totally loving all of the comfy high-lo sweaters right now because they allow you to have a great shirt peeking through underneath but keep your back covered. i am so picky when it comes to how sweaters fit that i honestly don't have very many at all. 

oh, and i'm also trying to figure out the deep side part hair thing... it's definitely something I need to get used to but I think I kind of like it. it hides some of that extra forehead space i was blessed with ;) 

what do you think? 

ps: head on over to pink on the cheek today where I am giving away a nautical inspired necklace :)) 

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Love your hair & the outfit! Thanks for the extra ideas. Some days squeezing into skinnies is just not ideal! ;)

    Kels
    storiesofkel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Outfit, I get bored as well with my Skinnies, I have also Jeans with a straight cut and they are such a nice Change and supercomfortable.

    xoxo

    http://verenarice.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you girl! I used to wear just wide leg jeans, even bell bottoms! but then I came to Canada and had to wear skinny jeans so they would fit inside my boots hahaha but lately I've been wanting to get some wide leg jeans and they are really hard to find, skinnies everywhere!!!
    great outfit and I do like your hair, I wear a deep side part too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny because the other day I saw my flare jeans & was like "I miss youuuuu"! Time to dust mine off...you look great!
    Found you through the Wardrobe Wednesday link up, so glad I did!

    xo,

    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jeans and the high-low sweater! It is always fun to mix things up now and then. I just started wearing skinny jeans last year so they are still kind of "new" to me. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute look! love the boyfriend jeans and layering :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! I never would have thought to wear a sweater like that over a plaid top, but now I think I will. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your necklace!

    Lindsey
    thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. those jeans are so cute! what in the world, i never have luck with F21 jeans! They look adorable on you though :) and I understand your forehead dilemma, my jumps to a fivehead when I try to do a middle part, it's tragic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hair and outfit are great! I've tried parting my hair on the side, but mine is really thin/fine, so it always ended up looking like I was balding on one side. Not good.

    I'm taking a break from skinnies today, too - a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lov your simple and comfy style ^^

    Caroline
    http://missoline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most fashion posts put me off because they're either over the top or they just plain do not look good (but that's my opinion). However, I love everything about this outfit of yours - and I'm not just saying this to make you feel good. Love the jeans, boots... all of it! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look great I do love those jeans and the jersey too - such a great combination. Thanks for joining up with Wardrobe Wednesday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look stunning! as always! you are so good at putting outfits together :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tend to wear skinny jeans all the time, last week I wore wide leg pants and people were saying they were to big. I said, you are just used to in tighter clothing. I have been trying to wear my wide leg jeans more, I just think skinnies look great with boots. Your outfit looks fab.


    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the swweater and the blouse so much! Such a perfect combination! I have a really similar necklace!! Wow!

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.