Thursday, December 27, 2012

Paris pt.I and an outfit



coat: old navy, cardigan: urban outfitters, chambray: jcrew, leggings: american eagle, scarf: gap, hat: timberland, bag: liebeskind berlin, boots: sorel
A few days before Christmas, my parents graciously offered to watch Logan for a few days so that J and I could hop on a train to Paris, take in the city and get away from it all for a littler while.
Obviously, that isn't an offer you turn down so we made plans and went. 
I'd never left Logan for more than a night so it was definitely weird to get up at 4 am, sneak one more peek at him, and leave. Just like that.
The grandparents say everything went great and he didn't seem to have missed us much at all... 
We came back after he was already in bed again so there were no big goodbye or welcome back scenes either, he just woke up and we were there and he didn't even bat an eyelash. Works for me!

Now back to the much more interesting Paris story here, shall we? 
We took the German high speed train ICE from Stuttgart to Paris' Gare de l'est which took under 4 hours and was the most comfortable trip I have had in a long time. Actually makes me never want to get back in a can of sardines on an airplane ever again... 

Since we left so early we got some more sleep on the train and arrived just before 10 am. It was almost like we just woke up there. Almost. 
At Gare de l'est we hopped straight onto the metro that took us to the hotel. I bought our tickets at the counter using my best french of course. I got a weak little smile and the answer in english. Hey, I tried! We stayed at the Le Meridien Etoile which is great because it has a metro station pretty much right next door, friendly staff and we had a very sleek, comfortable and clean room. 

Since we got there so early in the day we went straight back out to explore the city a bit. We took the metro up to Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur and took a nice little stroll. Montmartre was so cute and quaint and even had a small Christmas market. Oh, and if you need some tacky Paris souvenirs or like to be harassed by shady guys in the street that would like to tie a string around your finger, you will find them here as well... and most every other touristy place in the city. Be ready for a shouting match people! 

It wasn't horribly cold and stayed dry all day which was more than we could have expected for traveling in December. I wore my Sorel boots all 3 days and I have to say they were amazingly comfortable and warm through the rain that we did get and with all the walking. Oh the walking!

I took way too many pictures for one post so I'll be posting more pictures as I go through them. 









Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Love the pics! What sort of camera do you use or what edit did you do on these pictures? They look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're gorgeous! And how you manage to always look so stylish is a mystery to me :)
    Kianabates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all... that outfit is exquisite. Simple, elegant, comfy... perfect for sightseeing. Second of all the sacre couer (sp) is my favorite spot in Paris. The way it looks out over the whole city. Oh goodness. My favorite. Love it there. ;) Love these pics!

    http://likeordinarylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous! I have that scarf, and looove it.

    And Paris! I've only been to the Alsace region of France; I'd love to visit Paris someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so amazing! You travel in style :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures!! Have a fun trip. I love Paris :)

    -em
    http://www.unicornrevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a dream. i wish i could just hope on the train and be in paris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. WOWOWOWOWOW. Why do I still live in America?! haha! Looks like an awesome trip! I so want to travel by train, but it doesn't really happen here. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I just found your blog, I'm a bit smitten! <3 Gorgeous pictures, literally stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I just found your blog and of course one of the most recent posts is about Paris so I think it's fate that I stumbled by here :) I spent three months studying there and loved ever minute of it! Montmarte was one of my favorite areas of the city. I had THE BEST fondue there and then proceeded to try and walk off the calories on the never ending stairs on the hill. Can't wait to see more pictures from your trip!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, all of your Paris photos are gorgeous!! This is making me want to take a trip there. It all looks so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness! I am loving all your travel pics!!! I am so jealous!!! I want to travel so bad. I haven't been anywhere yet but I am dreaming of the day when I can just pick up and go. Hopefully soon!!

    Kerrin
    kerrinchance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.