Monday, December 3, 2012

salt dough ornaments




a few weeks ago right before thanksgiving, logan and I cut out some salt dough ornaments together. he's still pretty young for most crafts but this was a fun tactile experience for him and he loved playing with the dough. you can find lots of easy salt dough recipes by simply googling or searching on pinterest. i added cinnamon to my dough for the scent and brown color. we cut out some christmas and thanksgiving shapes to hang from gifts, a bag of freshly baked cookies and to stick into a some of my planters. 

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. WHat a fun idea! Want to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I remember, when I was little we always used to do that. I think Noah would love it so much. I am going to google a recipe for the dough now :)

    xoxo

    verenarice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! Such a great idea to do with the kiddos.

    xo Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the idea of using them as tags. have you tried painting them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how these turned out Sophie! I tried to make cinnamon dough ornaments with the boys yesterday, but I was out of cinnamon so I substituted all spice. They fell apart. Doh! :/ I am going to give it another try with salt dough I think!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.