just the last of the chicago pictures today. we really did have a great time and I didn't realize until a few days ago that this was really our goodbye to summer this year. we came home to much cooler temperatures and even the leafs are now starting to turn.
a few things to do if you're ever in chicago, with or without a toddler:
- the free zoo at lincoln park. gates are wide open and you just walk in and out as you please. lincoln park reminded me a little bit of parts of central park in nyc. the zoo is a decent size with all kinds of different animals. it was an easy walk from very top of michigan avenue where our hotel was and along lake michigan.
- fun on the beach at lake michigan. like i said, it's right there downtown and when we stopped i didn't realize how eager logan was to actually get in the water... good thing we had backup clothes.
- very touristy things like a visit to millennium park to take pictures of yourself in the bean and a walk up state street to take a picture of the chicago theater and of course stop at american apparel ;)
- the shedd aquarium to see the beluga whales. they recently had a baby but you can't see them at this point while the mom and babe are still bonding.
- walk along lakefront trail. just make sure no runners or bikers run you over. seriously crazy there.
- navy pier
- wicker park for all your hipster needs
- john hancock observatory
- pizano's pizza and pasta
- bar toma
- cheesecake factory
- tempo cafe for breakfast
- mike ditka's
- sprinkles cupcakes (go early, the line is crazy in the evening)
- urban outfitters
- american apparel
- the disney store
- free people
- ugg australia