Friday, January 18, 2013

recipe: guacamole grilled cheese


I don't know about you, but I love petty much anything that involves avocados. Whenever I make guacamole I make a ton and end up having to find other ways to use it than simply as a dip with pita chips. One of my favorite lunches is a simple guacamole grilled cheese that is quickly made and very filling. 

What you need: 

Guacamole (pre-made or homemade)
Bread
Fresh Spinach 
Mozzarella
A few cherry or grape tomatoes
Butter or Cooking Spray

First, sauté the tomatoes for a couple of minutes. Put aside. Spread some butter on the outsides of your bread or just use cooking spray. Layer your cheese on both insides of the bread, spread the guacamole on top and layer some spinach and tomatoes in between. Grill on a low temperature from both sides until cheese has melted.

Enjoy! 

























Pin It

11 comments:

  1. ummm this looks amazing! I just had fresh guac last night and it is sooo good! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw your title I thought I might have died & gone to heaven! That looks amazing!!!!

    http://herestohappinesses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Num! Thanks for making my dinner plans solved! :)

    tisfortiffanyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I'm not big on guacamole but I could easily swap that spinach with some basil and I'd never stop eating that sandwich!! Good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - these photos are stunning!
    Looks so delicious!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love it! I’ve decided to follow you! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa....this sounds AMAZING. i know what i'm making for dinner now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um YUM! Guess I'm going to have to go to the store and get some avocados and mozzarella after work!

    whileholdingcoffee.blogsdpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks so delicious. i love grilled cheese in all varieties

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious, I LOVE avocados! Gonna have to make that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.