Thursday, January 10, 2013

restore to factory settings





Coat: Mango, Sweater: H&M, Leggings: F21, Boots: Steve Madden, Scarf: Target
It's been kind of crazy since we got back home and today surely takes the cake in the "ya didn't anticipate this when you woke up, did you?" rate your days category.

Logan had to get his flu booster shot in the morning and since we were all up before the crack of dawn thanks to le jet lag, I managed to get dressed in something totally appropriate for a doctor's visit and a Target run. 

See above. 
Right! 

While getting dressed I remembered that I hadn't backed up my phone yet since we got home and it was pretty much exploding with pictures. So trying to be super efficient I plugged it in while the curling iron was heating up and since it was early and I wasn't thinking very clearly yet, I didn't hesitate to click "download and update" when iTunes reminded me that my phone still needed the newest update.

Of course by the time I was done with my hair and all, I had long forgotten about my phone updating and me wanting to transfer pictures and such...
After breakfast and right before we were heading out to the doctor's appointment the husband delivered the news that no "too many really, very necessary pictures taking" girl out there wants to hear:

YOUR COMPUTER IS SAYING THERE WAS AN ERROR WHILE UPDATING YOUR PHONE AND YOU NEED TO RESTORE IT TO FACTORY SETTINGS NOW!!!

Say what??

I won't go into too much more detail but after accepting that there was really no way around it, I gave in and decided to restore instead of using my phone as a paperweight in the future.

I don't know what caused it but I am guessing that having virtually no available space left on your phone isn't a good foundation for any software updates being installed properly. Also, it would probably help if your computer weren't just as full as your phone. 

Lesson learned.

Thank goodness for iCloud.
Thank the heavens for a patient and understanding husband.
Thank the flu shot? for a 5 hour toddler nap spent wrapping gifts for another Christmas tomorrow, 2 baskets of laundry folded and a phone restored back to almost normal. 

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Ugh...I just had to restore my phone too. What a pain! Glad yours is back up and running! Such a cute outfit...that coat and the orange leggings...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the color of those leggings -- and the fur snood too of course! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit! I love your coat...it looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing outfit! love those leggings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit! I'm so glad you commented on my blog because now I have a new blog to look at :) following!
    <3 Becky
    www.thetwoinlove.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.