Monday, February 4, 2013

how to wear tribal print leggings

Sweater: Urban Outfitters, Leggings: c/o Jeg Boutique, Jacket: Target, Hat: Gap, Boots: Banana Republic

Tribal print leggings, patterned leggings. Yay or Nay? Well, after much consideration I decided to be brave and give them a try... I've been in love with the patterned pants trend for a while now, but mostly I thought it just looked cute on other people and I wasn't sure if I could really pull it off. 

I was worried that wearing a bold pattern may not be very flattering, especially since I wasn't blessed with long, skinny legs. I have pretty short legs actually. I'm an average 5'5"with plenty of thighs, calves and a little bit of extra padding to sit on ;) 

So, do I like the way these tribal leggings look, you ask? 
I really do :) They are the most comfortable, soft pair of leggings I own and they were actually not as hard to style as I had anticipated.

I think the key is to keep the rest of your outfit as simple as you can. Don't incorporate another busy pattern but do try to tie in the pattern colors with the other pieces you're wearing. 
I also can't wait to try them with some heels and a simple tee once the weather gets nicer.
Taking a break from the plain old denim can be so refreshing on a dreary winter day and I love how this turned out. 

My leggings came from the wonderful Jeg Boutique, a great online shop with a hand picked selection of trendy and affordable pieces you won't find at your local mall. 



Jeg Boutique is offering you all an amazing 30% discount off your entire order with code: 

FORGE30

There is a ton of stuff on sale at the moment so you can really score a great deal with the additional 30% discount! The discount is only good today and Tuesday so don't wait to take advantage of this deal! :)

And now a few more ways to wear tribal print leggings. 

source
source 
source
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I love the way you've styled these leggings! I've been wanting to get a pair of printed leggings for a while... I have a textured pair that I love!

    Ellie | Ellalogy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so much fun! And you look super tall in that outfit!
    - I did tell you

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! :) love it
    drop by my blog too dear?

    xoxo,
    Rae \(^o^)/
    Raellarina - The Ballerina on Fire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Sophie! That sweater is so perfect with the leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo super cute!! love the whole look :)

    http://herestohappinesses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I'm obsessed wtih tribal print anything! love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been considering the same thing! I'm wavering between childish & totally cute. ;) You've kinda convinced me that they can look good though...

    hugs,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sophie you look great! I totally love this outfit! I would wear it anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. those leggings are so cool! love them on you! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love them! you nailed the look. I am obsessed too but don't own a pair yet due to the bigger thigh problem lol. I like how you made them more modest with the huge sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl, you pull those off flawlessly! i am jealous beyond all reason!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well done! Love how you styled them- the black and white is different but cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually have a pair of black and white leggings very similar to these, and I've never been able to decide how to style them. I really like this look. The pattern is so bold that it was a good choice to pair it with other neutrals. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look super cute! They make your legs look very shapely :)

    http://shaktidove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.