Wednesday, March 27, 2013

sunny days and baseball









If you follow me on Instagram you may already know that we took a little trip to Florida earlier this month. Jason worked a couple of baseball games over the weekend and so Logan and I took a Saturday evening flight to Tampa and joined him for some family time in the sun.
It's become somewhat of a tradition for us over the years, to go down there, and while it almost didn't happen this Spring, I am sure glad we made it work.

Usually, we stay right in Bradenton but this time we used a few award nights at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach. When we first got to the area I was a little worried seeing all the high rise hotels and the hustle and bustle reminded me too much of Myrtle Beach (not a fan). I was extremely relieved when we crossed one last bridge to get to Sand Key and away from all of that crazy business.
The hotel was great, family friendly, nice clean room and newly renovated. 

The first few days were nice and warm so we went to the beach where Logan decided that all of the sand had to be returned to the sea and then adopted a few faded, little matchbox cars that had been long forgotten by another little boy. 

Naps were either a family thing, taken with the bright, early afternoon sun peeking through the curtains and enticing us to come back outside to play, or of course during many a car ride.

We ate pizza, creamy Italian gelato, pancakes, grouper sandwiches, shrimp salads, amazing mexican food and too many other delicious things to count. On a rainy morning we went to see Winter the dolphin and the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, 10 minutes from the hotel. We drove all the way to Bradenton to see our Buccos play and then out to Anna Maria Island to take a stroll, dream about living right on the beach and indulge in some of Two Scoops' famous Almond Joy ice cream. Delicious I tell ya!
We even got to visit old friends, see their new house and barbecue while doing a little catching up. 

The last couple of days were sunny but breezy and quite chilly with just around 68 degrees. We did some more exploring of the area by car, stopped at playgrounds, watched dolphins and admired the manatees who were enjoying the warm waters of the bayous. 

We weren't ready to come home yet, especially not to this awful Winter weather during what is supposed to be Spring. However, it is always so therapeutic for my soul to get away from it all, relax and just enjoy spending time with my two guys. I really needed this and I am thankful and blessed that we could make it happen once again. 

Now please Spring, let me box up those heavy coats, boots and thick sweaters, won't cha? I'm kind begging you here... 

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. looks so fun. the beach sounds soooo good right now. i spy some pirates hats. are yinz pittsburghers too? :)
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun and so relaxing! I can't wait until we can take the boys to see the ocean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a good time! This makes me wanna hop in my car and just take off on vacation right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trip looks and sounds great! I love gelato. And pancakes. And Mexican food. :)
    I need to get myself to a beach. It's been a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your photos. Everyone looks so great. It seems like it has been forever since I've been to the beach or a baseball game.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    Enter our iPad and Lilly Pulitzer iPad Case Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful pictures. Sounds and seems like such an amazing time! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog, I appreciate it =)

    XO, Adropofbliss.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.