Monday, May 13, 2013

tie dye and mother's day


Dress: F21, Denim Jacket: F21, Hat: Thrifted, Sandals: Thrifted, Ring: F21, Bracelet: Fossil, Necklace: Voz Collective via Brika
Is it really Monday again already? Since we got here I've kind of stopped keeping track of time and I keep catching myself wondering what day it actually is. We had a long weekend over here thanks to a holiday but I caught some sort of stomach bug Friday night and so that was that... 

Majorly! glad my parents were taking Logan off my hands as much as possible so I could get some rest. I started feeling better by the time Sunday came around. I got up before everyone else and made pancakes. Jason made sure I received some beautiful flowers for Mother's Day and I wish we could have all spent the day together as a family instead of being 5000 miles apart. Bummer.

Then today I got to meet my cousin's 3 week old baby boy and oh my did it make me realize how very big my own baby has become. Was he really ever that tiny?? It seems so unreal to be the one with the rambunctious toddler now... 
How quickly the stages change and how quickly do we forget what it was like before this point. Only a few more days and I have a 2 year old!! A beautiful, bright and most of all healthy one that I am truly blessed to be Mama to.
 
So Mother's Day and newborns must be the perfect combination to give me a healthy case of the baby fever. I guess it's a good thing the husband is far, far away ;)  


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! time really flies they grow up so fast!

    you look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! How lame.... Congrats on your little one turning 2. It's such a fun age!

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit! I can't believe you thrifted that hat. I love it :) Also congrats on your little one turning 2!

    XO,
    Becky
    www.thetwoinlove.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please comment away.